Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 9 sandwiches
It's an equation as old as time: marshmallows + chocolate + graham crackers = s'mores! Everyone's favorite sticky, gooey summertime sweet gets the frozen treatment in this recipe for s'mores ice cream sandwiches, and you don't want to miss out. Homemade marshmallow ice cream, marshmallow fluff, and chocolate sauce are layered between graham cracker halves for a chilled version of campfire s'mores that'll cool the whole family off in a heat wave.
- Spread freshly-churned or softened ice cream into a 1" to 1.5" layer in an 8" square pan lined with parchment paper. Refreeze ice cream at least 1 hour or until fully set.
- Once completely frozen, slice ice cream into graham cracker-sized squares; you should end up with 3 by 3 squares in the pan for 9 squares total. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Building one sandwich at a time, spread a thin layer of marshmallow fluff onto 1 graham cracker square, then add 1 ice cream square on top.
- Drizzle ice cream square with a thin layer of chocolate shell or your favorite chocolate sauce/topping. Top with a second graham cracker square and set on prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat the process to assemble the other sandwiches, then freeze for at least 1 hour or until fully set.
- If desired, dip the sandwiches in a cup of chocolate shell topping. Freeze an additional 15 minutes before serving to set the chocolate, then enjoy!
For an even faster, easier preparation, simply use your favorite flavor of storebought ice cream! Before starting the recipe, allow it to soften briefly on the counter to a spreadable consistency.
No chocolate sauce? No problem. Use melted chocolate chips or bars instead, or raid the pantry for sprinkles!