Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 14 egg bites
Instant Pot Egg Bites are so delicious and simple to make! While you may need a few pressure cooker accessories to prepare these, they are well-worth the investment. The resulting egg bites are not only more budget-friendly than purchasing from a coffee shop, but they taste fresher, too! Pro tip: you can use whatever cooked veggies you have on hand, making this a great clear-the-fridge recipe.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs and cottage cheese. Use an immersion blender or rubber spatula to mix ingredients until very smooth.
- Add the shredded cheese and vegetables to the egg mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare two egg bite pans with nonstick cooking spray. Divide the egg mixture evenly among each egg bite opening. Cover both pans with a round of parchment and attach the silicone lid.
- Carefully pour 1 cup water into the pressure cooker insert. Place one egg bite pan on the bottom trivet and lower it into the pot. Layer the second pan on the top trivet and place it in the Instant Pot, making sure that the lid will close properly.
- Close the lid and seal the pressure valve. Set your Instant Pot for 10 minutes using the manual setting.
- Once you hear the Instant Pot beep, allow a natural pressure release for 5 minutes before unlocking the lid.
- Let the egg bites cool for 2 minutes before removing from the pan. Serve warm for an easy breakfast, or store in the fridge for convenient protein-packed snacking throughout the week!
Fresh veggies such as mushrooms, onions, potato, asparagus, artichoke hearts, or bell peppers all work well in this egg bites recipe! Feel free to customize your ingredients to fit your family's preferences.
For best results, promptly store any leftover egg bites in an airtight container in the fridge and consume within 4 days.